The objectives of the Committee are to:
- raise the profile of the in-house legal community in the region by ensuring that Birmingham Law Society understands and caters for the needs of the community;
- nurture the in-house legal community in the region by creating a forum and opportunities for in house lawyers to network and share experience and best practice;
- develop the in-house legal community in the region through the creation of networked and collaborative training and development opportunities to assist with organisations throughout the region in respect of recruitment, training and retention;
- ensure that Birmingham Law Society at all levels is relevant and representative to in house lawyers in the region; and
- respond to Government and other agency consultations on matters relating to the in-house legal community on behalf of Birmingham Law Society.