BE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER.
When you join Birmingham Law Society, you become part of the largest regional network of legal professionals in the country.
- Unrivalled access to a host of career development opportunities, including networking and learning events, discounted training courses and specialist skills updates.
- Representation by a powerful, collective voice on the issues that are important to you, from proposed changes in government policy to matters of professional regulation.
- Exclusive member discounts through our ‘Wider Wallet’ scheme, as well as heavily discounted recruitment services and other corporate benefits.
Membership is available on both a corporate and an individual basis.
All applications will be sent to Council for approval in their monthly meeting. Applicants will be contacted with a confirmation and subscription invoice after approval by Council.
Approved members will receive a username and password which will give access to the registered parts of the website. If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact us.
To join as an individual or as a firm, please download and fill in one of the application forms below and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries about membership, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Membership & Events Co-ordinator
Suite 101, Cheltenham House
14-16 Temple Street
DX: 13100 Birmingham
- £185 per partner/barrister (or £98 per partner/barrister for firms outside Birmingham with more than one partner) – capped at a max. of £3500 (+VAT for barristers only)
- Suitable for firms of all types. All solicitors, legal executives, paralegals and trainees employed by corporate members are able to take advantage of the benefits of membership at no additional charge. Other admitted solicitors employed by the practice are encouraged (but not required) to apply for individual membership.
- £98 per individual (+VAT for barristers only)
- Suitable for legal executives, foreign lawyers and in-house solicitors and barristers whose firm is not a member under the corporate rate.
- £25 + VAT per individual
- Suitable for individuals who have retired from working in the legal profession.
Trainee Solicitor and Student Membership
- £25 per individual
- Suitable for trainees whose firm is not a member under the corporate rate, and for law students at local universities.
All rates are subsidised by the Society’s trading activities to maintain affordability.
Current membership rates cover up to 31 December 2019. New subscriptions taken after 1 February 2019 will be charged on a pro rata basis for the year (this does not apply to any individual or firm that has declined to renew their subscription within the last two years).