BE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER.
When you join Birmingham Law Society, you become part of the largest regional network of legal professionals in the country.
- Unrivalled access to a host of career development opportunities, including networking and learning events, discounted training courses and specialist skills updates.
- Representation by a powerful, collective voice on the issues that are important to you, from proposed changes in government policy to matters of professional regulation.
- Exclusive member discounts and corporate benefits accessed via the members’ area on the website.
Membership is available on both a corporate and an individual basis.
All applications will be sent to Council for approval in their monthly meeting. Applicants will be contacted with a confirmation and subscription invoice after approval by Council.
If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact us.
To join as an individual or as a firm, please download and fill in one of the application forms below and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries about membership, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Suite 101, Cheltenham House
14-16 Temple Street
DX: 13100 Birmingham
as of 1 January 2020
- £195 per partner/barrister – capped at a max. of £3,675 (+VAT for barristers only)
- The rate is based on the number of partners in the firm in the region / barristers in the chambers. Our corporate rate includes all employed lawyers as members of the Society to take full advantage of the benefits of membership. These include solicitors, chartered legal executives, paralegals and trainees.
- £100 per individual (+VAT for barristers only)
- If you are not a member by virtue of our corporate membership offer, the following are eligible at an individual rate: solicitors, barristers, chartered legal executives, in-house lawyers, foreign lawyers and paralegals.
- £25 + VAT per individual
- Suitable for individuals who have retired from working in the legal profession.
Trainee Solicitor and Student Membership
- £25 per individual
- Suitable for trainees whose firm is not a member under the corporate rate, and for law students at local universities whose university is not a member.
In-house Team Membership
- The rate is based on the number of solicitors within the team:
£250 for teams of 1-10
£550 for teams of 11-25
£1,500 for teams of 26 or more
All rates are subsidised by the Society’s trading activities to maintain affordability.
Please note that paralegals, students, trainee solicitors, pupil barristers and foreign lawyers not regulated by an approved regulator are affiliate members and do not have voting rights.
Current membership rates cover up to 31 December 2020. New subscriptions taken after 1 February 2020 will be charged on a pro rata basis for the year.