We are delighted that 2023 has been another successful year for St Ives Chambers as we further our reputation as one of the region’s leading sets.
Our rankings in the 2024 edition of the Legal 500 have been particularly pleasing with top tier rankings in family law (children and domestic violence) and social housing. We are also ranked as a leading set in crime (general and fraud), property & construction and family (divorce and financial remedy). We are proud that our rankings cover the full spectrum of experience inclusive of silks, leading juniors and 8 newly ranked rising stars, demonstrating the wealth of talent throughout Chambers.
The family team is highlighted by Legal 500 as “the leading family set in Birmingham” with “the strongest offering of barristers in Birmingham”. The social housing team are noted to offer “a fantastic approachable service with exceptional barristers in their set” and our criminal team is home to a “strong body of juniors dealing with some heavyweight work”. We are also particularly proud that our exceptional clerking team continue to be recognised for their unsurpassed levels of client service.
Our provision of ADR within our family team has been recognised with Andrew Day being the only barrister outside of London and the South East ranked in the London Bar, Family: Private FDR and Arbitrators section of the directory. This is a new category, and we are pleased that Andrew has been described as “an extremely thorough, insightful and pragmatic private FDR judge”.
We are also pleased to confirm that, in the last year:
- Chambers has undergone a significant refurbishment project to our premises on Whittall Street. Our updated facilities have been designed to offer a welcoming space for our clients with our modernised surroundings reflecting our commitment to the highest level of client service.
- Timothy Bowe KC has been appointed as Kings Counsel.
- Two of our previous members, Adem Muzaffer and Amy Jacobs, have been appointed as Circuit Judges.
- Tom Harrill was awarded ‘Barrister of the Year’ at the Worcestershire Law Society Legal Awards.
- Tom Lawal was awarded a Special Recognition Award at the Birmingham Black Lawyer’s summer ball.
- Chambers offered tenancy to our three exceptional pupils and three more pupils commenced their training with us at the start of October.
Chambers continues to welcome applications from skilled and dedicated practitioners in our core practice areas.