All Directors of the Board are appointed and approved by Council for a period of 12 months renewable at the discretion of Council for up to three years. Any Director wishing to stand for re-election after three years may do so. The Board reserves the right, subject to approval by Council, to appoint further Directors to the Board, if it feels necessary, for the smooth running of the business of the Society.
The Board meets 10 times a year, and in the event of urgent business matters the Board may call an Extraordinary Board meeting.
Currently, the Board consists of a Chairperson, Vice Chair and other Directors in the following roles: –
- Equality and Diversity Director
- Finance Director
- Learning and Development Director
- Membership Director
- PR and Media Director
- Sponsorship Director
Each year the structure of the Board is reviewed to assess the strategic and business needs of the Board to effectively meet the operational requirements of the Society.
A copy of the Birmingham Law Society Board Business Plan is available from the Head of Operations upon request.
Sponsorship and Events Director Role
The Sponsorship Director will be responsible for supporting the Head of Operations with sourcing new sponsorship and help sourcing sponsorship for events, this will include:
- Supporting the Head of Operations to draft attractive sponsorship packages
- Finding new sponsors
- Looking at attractive event ideas for Members and Sponsors with the Head of Operations
- Supporting the Head of Operations with producing a target list of potential sponsors
- Assisting with any sponsorship queries the Head of Operations may have, to assist with signing off sponsorship agreements
- Assisting with the due diligence when working with new sponsors
- Attending sponsorship lunches (when permitted) and attending some meetings when required by the Head of Operations, these will be virtually for the time being until face to face meetings are permitted
Closing date: Close of business on Monday 14 December 2020
If you are interested in this role, please email: email@example.com