The committee is working hard to realise our President’s commitment to the role of legal technology in the future of the legal sector. Our thanks to Denise Harnett & Natasha Keen for their support, and to Rav Hothi for his help. We partner with Hilary Smyth-Allen from SuperTech and are grateful for her support.
Formally established in January 2021, we meet monthly, have weekly officers’ meetings and an events team.
- Co-Chairs attended a Managing Partners meeting and gathered views on priorities
- DEI principles
- Talked to Andrew McWhir Tech & Law Committee, at the national Law Society
- Talked to Chris Bull, Co-Chair of Bristol & Bath LegalTech Committee
- Met with Karen Bailey & look forward meeting otherChairs
- Partnering with “The Ahead Partnership”, a not forprofit organisation which facilitates professionals sharing information and learning about their work with State school children. Mills & Reeve and Herbert Smith Freehills will be supporting an initiative on ProfTech through two of our committee members, Emma Jackson and Bilal Syed.
- Attended various events including Legal Tech Innovation Institute webinar leading to an offer to members re qualification and events focussing on EDI.
On 22/4/21 Jas Basi, Co-Chair of the Committee hosted a Wine and Learn – Security demands for a different future evening sponsored by NetMotion and an excellent panel of experts.
- Establishing regular Legal Tech Meet Ups, first one 16th June 1-2 pm on hybrid working. Speakers from Oosha.
- In-person conference, 10th Sept 2021 12.30 – 4.30 pm, venue tbc, Covid restrictions permitting. “The Art of the Possible; what can be achieved using legal technology”. Numbers are likely to be limited. Mills & Reeve will be one of the four expected sponsors of the event.
- Virtual conference 24th Sept 2021
- Through Eileen Schofield, stronger links with sole practitioner committee & planned meeting with In- House committee.
- Eileen Schofield & Inez Brown forging links on behalf of committee with Goldman Sachs
- Vin Chauhun is leading development of a legal tech landscape for West Mids.
- Autumn ’21 SuperTech will run workshops on AI in legal practice for member firms
- Plan to meet Western Union re event sponsorship of future events
- Connecting to Birmingham Tech Week organisers